At West Buckland, we are developing a vision that steers pupils and parents through a changing and challenging educational landscape to give them the best possible chance in a future of global fluidity.
Based on the school’s Christian foundation, we aim to provide a forward thinking education consisting of personalised development, innovative experiences and excellent learning.
Navigating life’s seas:
Charting a way through choppy waters takes the confidence to challenge what you know by thinking critically as well as creatively to provide solutions. The courage to act with a generous heart when making such decisions, committed to doing what is right while caring for others and your community. For curiosity launches the journey that arrives when you know yourself.
At West Buckland we nurture this journey by developing the following characteristics:
- CONFIDENCE –aspiring to make a difference through effective communication and generosity of spirit
- CRITICAL THINKING – to have the courage to question, analyse and evaluate for better understanding and informed judgement
- CREATIVE - to innovate rather than imitate, to develop the capacity to make connections and challenge the status quo
- COURAGE - do what is right, realising that you all have something special to give, and embrace a full education that develops independence, integrity, resilience and strength of character
- COMMITMENT – to be hard-working and rigorous, respecting who you are and what you are doing
- CARING – to serve your inclusive community within the context of Christian values and use empathy and reflection to maximize your own and others’ potential and gifts
- CURIOSITY – to be inquiring and open-minded, to know yourself