The facilities at West Buckland School are available for hire and are ideal for hobby or sports groups, concerts, corporate seminars and workshops, activity holidays, private parties or team building breaks. The indoor pool, floodlit astroturf pitch and sports hall are available for hire in the evenings as well as in the school holidays, and seminars and workshops can be arranged during and out of term time. Our catering team are available to provide first class meals on request.
On a campus of over 90 acres, the school is surrounded by stunning North Devon countryside, nestled on the edge of Exmoor National Park and just a few miles from Barnstaple and spectacular surfing beaches. This makes it ideal for visiting school camps and outdoor adventure clubs.
‘West Buckland School works brilliantly for Edgehill as a prime location for the beach and other Devon sites. The staff are friendly and helpful and the site is well equipped, well kept, and in beautiful surroundings. I would highly recommend.’
With over 90 acres of stunning buildings, playing fields and sporting facilities, and located just a few miles from the North Devon coastline, with Exmoor National Park just minutes away, we are ideally situated for Educational and Language Groups for up to 200 students.
The campus is only 1 ½ hours from Bristol airport and less than 1 hour from Exeter airport, making the school easily accessible from most countries in Europe.
- State of the art accommodation block: 70 single bedrooms with en suite shower rooms
- Further single-sex accommodation buildings with a mix of configurations from single to 4-bedded rooms with shared bathrooms for up to another 130 people
- Modern, light and welcoming social areas
- 25m indoor swimming pool
- 16 hard tennis courts
- Floodlit astroturf pitch
- Six art and design studios
- 100-seater theatre
- Classrooms and study areas
- 30 acres of grass playing fields, woods and outdoor areas
- 10 miles from stunning North Devon coast
- Just minutes from Exmoor National Park
- 1 hour from Dartmoor National Park
'We are now counting more than 10 years of successful collaboration with West Buckland School. The school has outstanding facilities (boarding houses, academic and sports equipment) in a beautiful and safe location.'
'The catering and cleaning are excellent and the school staff have always been very supportive in the preparation of our stays as well as on a daily basis when our groups are on site. It is a great pleasure for our team to return to West Buckland every summer and to offer our students a unique experience of a summer stay in a boarding school.'
We welcome hobby and sports clubs to rent our facilities both in the evenings and during the weekends and holidays.
- Our Club Room is ideal for Pilates and Yoga sessions, and tables and chairs are available for hobby groups, AGMs and talks. There is a fully equipped refreshment counter with fridge in a corner of the room.
- The Sports Hall is marked out for indoor tennis, basketball, netball, volleyball, badminton and 5-aside football.
- The Memorial Hall, with stage area and seating for up to 200, can be rented for AGMs, fund raising events or shows
- PE class room – double room with dividing wall, ideal for larger or smaller groups, breakout sessions and workshops
- 150 Theatre – ideal for dance and drama groups, presentations and talks. There is a projector screen and projector, full AV system and adjustable lighting. Tiered seating for up to 100
- 25m swimming pool with single sex changing rooms
- Art and Design and Technology studios with state of the art equipment
- Floodlit astroturf pitch for evening sports training and matches
'What we appreciate about West Buckland School is the space, there is plenty of outdoor space and a variety of indoor spaces meaning that there are options whatever the weather. It is also great to be so close to the coast and we enjoy several trips to the beach over the week we rent the school.'
Exhibitions, Trade Fairs and Fundraising Evenings
Our facilities are ideal for exhibitions, trade fairs and fundraising evenings, with plenty of parking on the campus, easy access and large, impressive rooms. Tables, chairs and staging can be arranged as well as catering on request.
Conferences and Meetings
We have a number of rooms available for conferences, workshops and meetings. All these rooms can house presentation screens, projectors and lecterns. We can accommodate any number of delegates, from small intimate meetings to larger presentations.
Music and Theatre Productions
We have outstanding drama and music facilities, suitable for a range of audience sizes, that are available for hire. All have tiered seating, stage lighting and AV facilities.
- 150 Theatre - our state of the art theatre seats up to 100 in tiered seating and is ideal for more intimate workshops and musical and drama productions
- Memorial hall – tiered seating can be arranged for up to 200. This large hall has a stage at one end, with wings, lighting and AV facilities. Stage flats and other stage furniture are available on request
Parties and Celebrations
We have a number of rooms suitable for parties and celebrations, however big or small. For smaller numbers, our light and airy Club Room, which includes a serving area, is ideal, whilst for bigger parties and sit down dinners, the Memorial Hall, or the oak-lined Karslake Hall, are perfect.
Catering can be arranged on site, or self-catering is another option.
For children’s parties, our Prep Hall is ideal. Lots of space to move around in and the added bonus of double doors that open out onto the playground and large, enclosed lawn areas. Play equipment may be available for use for parties on request.
£45 per hour
£40 per hour
Without floodlights: £50 per hour
With floodlights: £55 per hour
Club Room and Memorial Hall
£35 for first hour, £15 subsequent hours in same booking
£25 for first hour, £15 per subsequent hour in same booking
Prices not inclusive of catering.