Children entering the Nursery are in a safe, secure and friendly atmosphere. The Nursery comprises a bright, cheerful classroom full of activities and equipment to inspire and excite the children. Our Nursery includes:
- a warm, inviting book room
- a playroom devoted to the topic of the moment
- a large creative room specifically for sand, water and painting
- access to a garden with a play house, sandpit and outdoor play equipment
- an outside, covered area shared with the Reception class.
- extensive, beautiful grounds for outdoor play, education and enjoyment of nature. Janet Regan, the Nursery Manager, is qualified to teach forest school education.
In addition, the Nursery has the unique benefit of being able to use the excellent facilities of the Preparatory and Senior School which enables our children to enjoy:
- the library – for story-telling and reading
- the music room – with regular music and singing sessions with our Prep School Director of Music
- a fully equipped IT room where the children use individual computers
- Senior School swimming pool – for weekly swimming lessons